• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

PLUG Mug Jitsi video group chat, Tuesday, Jan. 19, 7:30 pm

Started by ssfc72, January 17, 2021, 09:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

How about a PLUG Mug get together for Tuesday evening?  7:30 pm start but you can join in later, if that is more suitable for you.  The get together usually lasts until at least 9 pm but you can bail out anytime you want. :-)

Let me know if you can attend. If 3 people are interested then the meetup will be a go.  Otherwise, I will cancel the event.

I will email the Link to the meeting, around 7:15 pm Tuesday.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

ssfc72

Ok, we have more than 3 people interested in the Tues. evening meetup, so the meetup is a go.

See you people Tues. evening. :-)
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)

ssfc72

gmiller1977

That was a good meet up!  Lots of topics.  Nice to see all of you again.

ssfc72

Yes, it was nice seeing and talking with you guys.
There was myself, Glen M., Glen G., Tom, Brian P., Hugh  and Kal.    I bailed out at 9 pm, but I think the rest of the group kept going.

Jitsi seemed to be giving us problems last evening.  Tom was unable to get his audio to work, a few others had to resort to a different computer to get the video/audio to work and I and Brian were having issues with the video/audio of the whole group disappearing and re-appearing. :-(

Jason

I wonder if the problems were related to internet traffic or Jitsi itself. Perhaps we will have to move back to Zoom. I'll leave that up to you, Bill. I believe it would only give us 40 minutes before having to restart it but it seems to be the go-to software for video conferencing. We could also try Skype but not sure how many the free version allows.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

gmiller1977

I have a corporate account for Google Workspace.  I can set up a Google Meet in the future if we have problems with other platforms.

ssfc72

Thanks Glen, I will take advantage of your offer, if we continue to have issues with the Jitsi video group meeting service.