Author Topic: Christmas/Boxing day presents?  (Read 191 times)

Offline gmiller1977

• Posting Member
Re: Christmas/Boxing day presents?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2021, 09:49:23 am »
Back in the day, an astronomy club friend of mine, had an Amiga 500.  He really was impressed with it, back then.

I loved my Amigas.  They were honestly the most fun I ever had with computing.  They were so hackable and so powerful for the time.

I was part of a HUGE users group back then, a splinter off of TPUG (Toronto Pet Users Group), which I just found out is still around!

Offline Jason Wallwork

• President
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2021, 12:07:00 pm »
I've been using a pedometer app on my phone. But the heartbeat option is something you need to get the most calorie-burning. I've actually lost weight since the pandemic started, about 30 lbs. I think it's in large part of not going out to eat much anymore. In the beginning, it was because I couldn't, then I got just used to not doing it. But I have been walking a lot more, too. Transit isn't as handy anymore - it doesn't deliver me right to where I need to go so I have to walk.

Anyway, I would expect that the Pi 400 would perform well. I have a Pi 3 and it is very usable. But I haven't compared it to this laptop. Know any good benchmarking programs for Linux?
"With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world." - Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

Offline buster

• Posting Member
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2021, 12:58:12 pm »
"I've actually lost weight since the pandemic started, about 30 lbs."

Your 30 lbs have arrived at our house and seem to be happy here, happier than I am about their visit.
" Life has a very simple plot: first you're here and then you're not. " Eric Idle

Offline gmiller1977

• Posting Member
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2021, 03:59:55 pm »

Your 30 lbs have arrived at our house and seem to be happy here, happier than I am about their visit.

LOL!

Offline Jason Wallwork

• President
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2021, 09:05:57 am »

I'm sorry about that. I had to chase them out with a shotgun so I think I put a good scare into them and they needed to find a nice warm place with wine, preferably with wine.
"With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world." - Max Ehrmann, Desiderata