• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Christmas/Boxing day presents?

Started by Jason, December 27, 2020, 01:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmiller1977

Quote from: ssfc72 on January 01, 2021, 11:34:22 PM
Back in the day, an astronomy club friend of mine, had an Amiga 500.  He really was impressed with it, back then.

I loved my Amigas.  They were honestly the most fun I ever had with computing.  They were so hackable and so powerful for the time.

I was part of a HUGE users group back then, a splinter off of TPUG (Toronto Pet Users Group), which I just found out is still around!

Jason

I've been using a pedometer app on my phone. But the heartbeat option is something you need to get the most calorie-burning. I've actually lost weight since the pandemic started, about 30 lbs. I think it's in large part of not going out to eat much anymore. In the beginning, it was because I couldn't, then I got just used to not doing it. But I have been walking a lot more, too. Transit isn't as handy anymore - it doesn't deliver me right to where I need to go so I have to walk.

Anyway, I would expect that the Pi 400 would perform well. I have a Pi 3 and it is very usable. But I haven't compared it to this laptop. Know any good benchmarking programs for Linux?
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

buster

"I've actually lost weight since the pandemic started, about 30 lbs."

Your 30 lbs have arrived at our house and seem to be happy here, happier than I am about their visit.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

gmiller1977

Quote from: buster on January 02, 2021, 12:58:12 PM

Your 30 lbs have arrived at our house and seem to be happy here, happier than I am about their visit.

LOL!

Jason

Quote from: buster on January 02, 2021, 12:58:12 PM

I'm sorry about that. I had to chase them out with a shotgun so I think I put a good scare into them and they needed to find a nice warm place with wine, preferably with wine.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13