• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Sean Connery (007 British Secret Agent) passed away, age 90

Started by ssfc72, November 01, 2020, 04:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

It was interesting reading the obits of Sean Connery and his very humble beginnings.  https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-13087132

Of the few obits that I read, none mentioned the one movie he starred in, that I enjoyed the most, Medicine Man.  The movie was based on the Brasil rain forest and a scientist's search to reproduce the medicine cure for cancer that he had found, then lost.  Meanwhile the Brasil rain forest, with all it's plant life, is being burned, to make way for roads and farming/forestry.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

I was saddened to hear of his death. He was my favourite James Bond by far.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

I remember watching that movie, Bill. It was an enjoyable watch and he did a solid job. I will remember him best as the Captain of a Soviet submarine in the Hunt for Red October but I liked him playing Indiana's father in The Last Crusade, too.

I didn't know about his rough beginnings and early gigs. The one I find amusing is that he once a model at an art school!
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

buster

"I was saddened to hear of his death. He was my favourite James Bond by far."

I sort of agree, but not 'by far'. Daniel Craig is not far behind. I'd like to add that I've seen all the Bond movies at least once, and the last few, at least in the theatre, are probably my favourites, but the originals AT THE TIME were awesome. Re-watch Dr No and I think you'll see it shows it's age.

But forever and forever, Connery will be for those old enough, Bond, James Bond.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

Jason

Re-watch any of the films from that era and they'll show their age. Sexism was pretty predominate, for example. I just read about his attitude about slapping women but I guess it wasn't unusual in the time he was brought up in to think like that.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13