• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Election Night Live posts

Started by buster, November 01, 2020, 07:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buster

Trump winning in Florida. Big Hispanic support. Biden leading in Texas, but rural vote comes in later than rural. Trump at the moment ahead in Michigan - that shouldn't hold but...

Much narrow than expected so far.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

buster

The blue wall doesn't look too much of a wall at the moment in the midwest.

Jason

Quote from: buster on November 03, 2020, 09:22:41 PM
The blue wall doesn't look too much of a wall at the moment in the midwest.

The midwest always goes Republican from what I understand. I thought the "wall" referred to a bunch of states adjacent to each other. For example, all those blue states in the northeast and if possible down the eastern seaboard although that's a bit of a difficult haul.

They're painting this as a close election because it wouldn't be as interesting if the media showed it as otherwise. but Trump needs a lot more than Florida. He needs all the swing states, none of which other than Florida, have enough of a difference between blue and red to show anything. If Trump loses any of the swing states, he'd toast. And if Trump loses Texas, something I wouldn't have predicted, it's over for Trump but it's so close!
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

fox

Early results, but Trump way ahead in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania?
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

buster

Far as I can see, Biden is losing in Wisconsin and Michigan. And Jason, these states are traditionally Dem until Trump took the blue wall.

buster

Trump leading in Texas and Ohio at present moment.

This whole thing does not look good.

buster

A win for Trump is increasingly likely.

Jason

Americans are stupid. The present company accepted. :)
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card

Jason

I still think that Biden will take it but it's going to be a lot closer than I thought. Remember, Trump has to win all the swing states. If he even loses one and doesn't take a traditionally democratic state or two to make it up for it, he'll still lose.

I'm really surprised about Pennsylvania. I'm starting to worry that the polling might have gone really poorly. A lot worse than Hillary Clinton. Maybe I'll go to bed before it gets worse. :D

Jason

Biden is still ahead by 80 electoral votes now. Biden needs 78 more. A lot of mail-in ballots and early voting won't be counted for days and they're (according to polls, though) learning democrat.

buster

I have trouble seeing a way for Biden to win. Losses in Florida, Ohio, Georgia, North Carolina, Michigan, Texas, and Wisconsin Probably sends him home.

Biden MUST win Arizona, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Jason

I'm really worried that the rest of the states are traditionally Republican. So no question I'm worried but I think we knew that Trump was possibly going to be ahead tonight but early voting could switch several states after it's counted.

Jason

If Trump does win, it will prove anybody, absolutely anybody could be president. And Putin will be very happy and the world will collectively groan.

Jason

Maybe I'm just too optimistic. I didn't think America could elect such an uncouth, trailer trash sociopath twice who is probably singly responsible for potentially hundreds of thousands of American deaths.

buster