• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Linux Journal rises from the ashes

Started by fox, September 23, 2020, 08:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fox

Linux Journal has been revived by Slashdot Media; read about it here. It will be published online free. I'm glad it will publish again. I was on their editorial board previously, though I didn't contribute much. It is one of the more technical, dev-oriented Linux journals and as a result, most of the articles were over my head. But the magazine always had a few articles of interest, so I will look for it when it comes out.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

That's cool! It'll be fascinating to see where they take it. It appears they're looking for contributors as well. Any interest, Buster?

I don't know if anyone here recalls Slashdot itself. It was a very popular website that announced new tech and geek-related (space, science, etc.) news. For a while it was so popular that when it posted a link to a website, the website would crash under all the additional traffic. Sites that it happened to were referred to as having been "Slashdotted". It was considered a badge of honour to be slashdotted. The website is still there but I don't believe the popular is anything like it once was. It was one of the first tech news aggregators, in a way.

Anyway, we'll have to keep an eye on the new LinuxJournal.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13