Author Topic: Linux Lite 5.1 experience on an older laptop  (Read 495 times)

Offline Jason Wallwork

• President
  • Administrator
Re: Linux Lite 5.1 experience on an older laptop
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2020, 04:20:16 am »
While it does work very well on my low powered laptop, I'm still looking forward to getting back to my fast computer. For now, I have named it Temperamental.
"With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world." - Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

Offline Jason Wallwork

• President
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2020, 04:24:42 am »
I forgot to mention that I did perform the upgrade from 5.1 to 5.2. I wasn't prompted for the upgrade but I didn't really wait very long either, maybe a few days. The suggested way to upgrade is either by accessing Lite Upgrade in the Settings area opening Lite Welcome and scrolling down to the Upgrading section and clicking on the button there. For me, Lite Upgrade wasn't installed apparently so I used the latter method. After the upgrade, the Lite Upgrade program was available.

The upgrade was easy, quick and uneventful. Probably the fasted upgrade I've ever done, maybe 5 minutes? And I don't recall noticing any significant changes. As its version number would suggest it was really more of an update than an upgrade. There are lots of little tweaks which, honestly, is fine by me. I don't think every new release of a Linux distribution version has to be a dramatic change.

Here's a screenshot showing one of the lovely wallpapers that are included. For Buster.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 05:05:12 am by Jason Wallwork »
"With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world." - Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

Offline buster

• Posting Member
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2020, 03:11:29 pm »
Nice looking desktop.
"With all due respect John I am head of IT and I have it on good authority if you type 'Google' into Google you can break the internet, so please no one try it, even for a joke." ( Jen on 'The IT Crowd' )

Offline Jason Wallwork

• President
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2020, 02:53:02 am »
Nice looking desktop.

And it's all them. Other than the messy icons. That's on me. :)