• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse, K235 - great battery life

Started by ssfc72, September 22, 2020, 08:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

I believe I bought this combo in 2018 and started using it in December 2018. I have used it daily since about March 2019.
The keyboard takes 2 AAA batteries and I just tested the batteries today and they are still showing that they have a good amount of charge left.  That is amazing to me, since there is no off switch to turn the keyboard off when not being used.

I believe I just recently changed the single AA battery in the mouse.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

Wireless keyboards seem to go a long time between charges. I've found that even with rechargeable batteries. Mine doesn't have an on/off switch either. Getting that long out of a battery is pretty impressive although I guess we all use our computers different. Do you use it much?
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

Jason

I was just taking a look at it online. The keyboard is different from mine, it's tabular, I guess they call it. Are you a touch typist? Just curious about how it feels which is more important to me than anything else.
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card

ssfc72

I am a hunt and peck typist. :-)   The keyboard has a very nice feel to it. The action of the keys is very nice. The keyboard is also very nice and light, very easy to shift around on the desk.
I like the mouse very much as well. It is not overly large and fits in my hand nicely.  My hands are a bit on the large size.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)

William

Thanks Bill, for your review.  I've been eyeing MK850 because I want to try out wireless keyboard/mouse.  All my devices are wired.

Jason

ssfc72

Hi William.  Yes, wireless keyboard and mouse is a very good feature.
The wireless optical mouse of course, needs to have a surface to sit on, that has a bit of a pattern for the optical sensor to detect. I had a glass surface protector on my desk, so the optical sensor did not like that. I just put down a blank piece of 8 X 11 sheet paper and the optical mouse works fine.

My wireless keyboard is a bit smaller than a standard full size keyboard and that is great for me, since it frees up more of the desk space, for use.