• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Jitsi video group meeting, Tuesday Sept. 8, 7:30 pm

Started by ssfc72, September 07, 2020, 02:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

Jason will be holding a Jitsi video meeting.

"The majority of votes cast for a meeting night landed for this TUESDAY (September 8, 2020) @ 7:30 PM. You can and should show up 10-15 minutes early so we're all ready to go. The virtual meeting will be run using Jitsi. If you're using a PC in Linux, Mac or Windows, you don't need to download anything."

"While the meeting is available in video and audio, you can choose not to use video if you're camera shy and call in via a phone number. I'll send that number out at least 15 minutes before the meeting.

This is the first time that I'm using a meeting link well in advance of the meeting so it's a bit experimental. So if you go to the link 15 minutes before the meeting and no one is there, check your email. Chances are that there is a different link for you to use if then.

And just a reminder that you should show up at 7:15 - 7:30 pm if you want to see the demo of Linux distro, WindowsFx/Linuxfx. Otherwise, show up at 8 pm for the social. The meeting will end either at 10 pm or when the last person leaves.

PLEASE show up on time if you're interested in the demo. I can't push back the start of the demo because the social begins at 8 pm."
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

You removed the link to the meeting, Bill, but not the mention of it in the third paragraph. I don't mind the link to the meeting being posted. If a bunch of losers or bots join in, I'll just send out a new meeting link. I've also enabled the lobby which means I'll approve each person as they enter (assuming I did it correctly).

Here's the meeting link to join:

https://meet.jit.si/OpenBreaksSpeculateAlso

I don't see any listed phone numbers to join the meeting when I test it out but I'll look for those and the PIN when the pre-meeting begins. If anybody wants to be on the email list when I announce meetings, send an email here.

* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

ssfc72

We had a good group video chat, last evening. There was Kal, Hugh, Tom, Harry and myself.
Harry was only able to visit for about a minute, but it was nice that he did pop in to say hi.
There were some technical issues with Jitsi video and sound but Kal got his issues resolved and then he helped Tom with his audio issues.
The group chat lasted until after 9 pm and then I had to sign off for the evening.

We will set up another Jitsi group video chat for next week.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

Glad you guys went ahead without me and had a good time. :)
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13