• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Win 10 Update took about 10 hours

Started by ssfc72, August 25, 2020, 01:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

So, I thought I probably should boot into the Win 10 of my HP Pavilion 360, 12 inch screen notebook computer and do an update.
I normally just run my Linux Distro and I don't boot into Win 10 on this computer, so it has been awhile since I booted into Win 10.

I started the update at around 2 am, went back to sleep, got up at 9 am and it was still in the process of updating. Went for my morning walk and got back home at around 11:30 am and it was still in  the update process.
It finally finished at around 12 noon and then I had to select numerous options. so that Win 10 was not spying on me, as much.

Now that I have got Win 10 updated, I will use Clonezilla to make an image of the hard drive and then I will clean off Win 10 and just have a Linux Distro, only, on this notebook computer.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

Wow, that's pretty bad. Windows updating always annoys me but that would have me tearing my hair out. It was probably a feature update to install (or re-install) all that stuff nobody cares about. If it wasn't for games, I would have ditched Windows 10 entirely, too.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13