• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

PLUG Mug, Wed. Aug 26 8 pm, Tim Hortons/PetSmart parking lot, Monaghan Rd.

Started by ssfc72, August 23, 2020, 04:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

This Wed. evening looks ok, weather wise for a PLUG Mug get together, in the parking lot near the PetSmart store, near the Monaghan Rd. Tim Hortons.
Post here if you can make the get together.
If there are 3 people interested, then the PLUG Mug will be a go.  I will be there at around 7:30 pm.

Bring your lawn chair and either grab your coffee/snack from the Tim Hortons or bring your own beverage/snack.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

Put me down as likely. FYI, weather forecast is good for Wednesday. Has there been one in the Petsmart parking lot yet? I wonder if it's less noisy.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

ssfc72

Yes, we have met near the PetSmart store and the vehicle noise is not as loud.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)

Jason

There was a group of guys on motorcycles that left one a time over a 10-15 period that were pretty annoying but it was quiet otherwise. I can probably make it Wednesday but I've been bothered by a lot of fatigue lately so I'll see how I feel the night before and post here.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

buster

Pretty sure I shall be there. Bad weather or a tree falling on me might prevent it.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

Jason

i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card

ssfc72

The weather forecast I am looking at, shows rain starting at around sunset, 8 pm, today   So, after checking the radar,  I will decide at around 4 pm or earlier, whether the Plug Mug is a go.

fox

I will come if the weather is OK, but I see on the forecast that we are expecting light rain during our meeting period. If Bill cancels, there wouldn't be enough of us to have it anyway.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

Sounds good, Bill. Did anybody try to attend the video chat last night. Hugh, Kal and I made it but we did have some audio/video issues. It might have just been due to internet congestion. I just wonder if anyone else tried to get in but couldn't.

buster

Sorry, but I'm backing out of tonight's meeting.

1. My horoscope said, 'Avoid parking lots. Danger'.
2. My wife said, 'How come you never stay home anymore?'
3. My friend has to ride a bike home to Lindsay in what might turn out to be gusty winds and wet roads.
4. I want to watch the hurricane of mass destruction hit places on the Gulf Coast that we have camped near.
5. I like to plan my evenings ahead of time, like when can I have my first beer, and when and what will we eat.

Again, sorry.

Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

ssfc72

Sorry guys but the radar is showing a massive amount of wet weather coming for the this evening, so I am cancelling the PLUG Mug get together for this evening.

I will look for the next stretch of clear weather and try for another PLUG Mug get together, later in the week or next week.

ssfc72

I forgot about the video group chat, last evening.  Maybe post to the Forums for the next one.  I usually only check my email once in the morning and then later in the evening.

Jason

I sent out the email Saturday morning (August 22). Did it get lost in your spam folder? Add me as a contact and you shouldn't have that issue anymore if it did.

I don't really want to have to post here, too. And I give a couple of days notice before a virtual meeting so even if you only check your email once a day you should see it. :)

Also, if you want, I can email out an invite to your in-person meetings. You just need to let me know. I don't think many, other than us, check the forum on a daily basis.

ssfc72

I got the emails about the video chat but that was days before the video chat takes place, so I forget.
It would be helpful to post to the Forums , on the day of the video group chat, so that it would remind me about the video chat.

Jason

Don't you use an electronic calendar, Bill? If I had to remember all the things I need to remember, well, I'd forget them, too.