• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Online PLUG Meeting tonight (Sunday) at 7:30 pm for topic, 8 pm for social

Started by Jason, August 16, 2020, 01:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

Beginning at 7:30 pm, I will do a short presentation on the basic editing of text files using terminal commands and a quick introduction to scripting. The topic will be spontaneously delivered so go easy on me. :)

The meeting will use Jitsi. If you are using a computer, no downloads are necessary. With another device, you may need to download an app, but you can trying using the browser first. You need, at minimum, a microphone and speaker (or headphones) or a phone to dial-in. A webcam is optional but highly recommended.

Make sure the sound settings aren't blocked in your browser and you may have to turn off any other website blockers. Here's a link to the Android app in case the browser doesn't work in it. I imagine that Apple has a Jitsi app too but I can't find it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobileappware.myjitsimeet

The info you'll need to join will be emailed to you at about 7 pm. If you're not on the email list, shoot me a message at forum@plugweb.e4ward.com .

Feel free to invite any friends you'd like although this presentation might be a bit scary for novices.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

buster

Sorry I left the meeting quickly Jason but I was in the middle of cooking dinner. Just checked in to see who was there.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

ssfc72

In all, there was jason, myself , Scott, Mike , Tom and you Harry.  We continued on to 9 pm with a chat on Mike's adventure of a week in Quebec, a Covid virus chat and Scott's medical dilemma about a medical choice he had to resolve, when each of his son's were born.

Thanks Jason, for the very well done tutorial on command line editing/sorting of files. Good information to know.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service