• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

I'm a 2020 LiFT Scholarship Recipient

Started by Jason, June 29, 2020, 11:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

I received the news below on June 4 and I can finally share the news now that OSSNA has begun:

QuoteCongratulations! You have been selected as the recipient of a Linux Foundation Training (LiFT) Scholarship in the Open Source Newbies category! You should be immensely proud of your achievement!

The scholarship includes free access for one year to the Linux Foundation eLearning training course of your choice, as well as one Linux Foundation certification exam (includes one free retake if you do not pass the exam on the first attempt).

Iââ,¬â,,¢m also excited to tell you that in addition to your training course and certification exam, this year we are providing scholarship recipients with free admission to Open Source Summit North America, which is taking place online from June 29 to July 2.

Once again, congratulations on your achievement! I look forward to hearing about the positive impacts Linux Foundation training and certification have on you in the months and years ahead.

Dan Brown
Linux Foundation Training

I've chosen the course Essentials of Linux System Administration (LFS201). The Summit started an hour ago and I'm watching Linus Torvalds speaking at the Keynote right now. :O
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

fox

Wow, Jason; that's great news. Congratulations! We'll be expecting even more support from you in the future on our forums.  ;)
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

buster

Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

Jason

Thanks, guys. I'll do my best in providing more support in the future. :) This will be my first certification in anything assuming I pass one of the two attempts at the exam.

As for the conference, most of the topics in the conference sessions I haven't even heard of much less used. It's definitely geared for experts and system administrators in the corporate world and developers.
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card

fox

Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

I'll always try and remember where I came from. ;-)

buster

Fox, why did you misspell the last word in this sentence?   "On his way to becoming a big shot!"
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.