• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Apparently Mint 20 is available for download

Started by buster, June 26, 2020, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buster

Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

fox

I think it's going to be officially released on June 30. At any rate, I will be doing an upgrade, not a clean install. I have a few things that would be a pain to reinstall. So I'm waiting for the upgrade procedure, too.

The way I'll do it is to clone my 19.3 and install it on another partition. I'll then upgrade that and test it. If all is OK, I'll upgrade the partition I actually use. An yes, I realize that I can keep running 19.3 for several more years, but it's nice to have the latest and greatest stable release.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

Quote from: buster on June 26, 2020, 11:06:18 AM
While the upgrade procedure is not ready yet, the iso is. Supposedly the beta upgrades automatically to 20 final.

That's the way they've done it in the past. That is, to let you upgrade the beta to the final. Really, it's just updating packages that probably have only changed a little bit from the beta to the final. It's most likely the same packages with fixes applied since betas are supposed to be feature complete.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

fox

Mint 20 has now been officially released; you can get it from Mint's website. They mention there that the upgrade path will be released in July.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13