• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Linux Mint 20 Beta should be out soon for testing

Started by buster, June 09, 2020, 07:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buster

So I finally tested Mint20Beta this morning. Did updates, and put the wallpaper on slide show. My goodness it's perfect! At least in virtual. It even has the files included so drag and drop works from host to guest. Quick easy install. Read the Mint forum and some had already switched over to the beta. A few had problems, but not too many. Seems quick.

One addition I don't think I'd seen before was a chart that said 'Pick your favourite colour' and I chose blue and the icons changed.

See included attachment which is almost default.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

buster

Jason

Lovely. Did you change the size of the icons on the bottom or was that the default?
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

buster

" Did you change the size of the icons on the bottom or was that the default?"

Everything is default except for my choosing blue, and the wallpaper. Dragged music from Win10 and it worked. Didn't pick up info on whose band it was or the name of songs, but I can fix that.

Awfully good for a beta.

Jason

Quote from: buster on June 17, 2020, 01:59:20 PM
Awfully good for a beta.

Well, this forum is a beta and is working better than the original. ;-)
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

ssfc72

So Mike, did you get all the partitions restored with the software that was wiped out on your computer hard drive, when you were testing out the Mint 20 Beta?

Quote from: fox on June 14, 2020, 10:14:15 PM
I took the default installation, so I'm not sure where it put it. This is a mystery to me as well. Even if grub was set up badly, it was in such a way as to prevent MacOS from seeing that there was a Mac operating system there. And in two partitions, only one being the disk it was installed on.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

Quote from: ssfc72 on June 19, 2020, 08:55:23 AM
So Mike, did you get all the partitions restored with the software that was wiped out on your computer hard drive, when you were testing out the Mint 20 Beta?

I did, or at least I think I did. I had a version of MacOS X Catalina saved on an external SSD. I cloned it back to the two partitions (one internal, the other external) that were unreadable after the Mint 20 beta installation. They work well. What I don't know is whether anything important was lost from the original installation, but I doubt it because I rarely used the Mac partition. The other thing I lost is that the internal partition was an earlier MacOS version (High Sierra), and that is now gone. It might matter because there is software that worked on High Sierra that doesn't on Catalina. However, it wouldn't be a big deal because I have High Sierra on an older computer. Bottom line is I'm OK.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

ssfc72

Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service