• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

PLUG MUG video chat this Thursday (June 11, 2020)

Started by Jason, June 09, 2020, 03:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

I will be hosting this week's Zoom video chat. It will be at 7:30 pm and I will send out the link at least half an hour before via email so watch for it.

You can log into the chat at any time, you don't have to join right at 7:30 pm. And you can join and then leave for a bit, stretch your legs or get a snack and come back. I'll be there until 9:30 pm and maybe longer if others are still there.

If we've missed you last time or want to be on the invite list just reply here, send me a PM, or pop me an email.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

Jason

Bill, I moved your issue with updating Zoom in support. I know you weren't specifically asking for help but it seems like the best place. I don't want it buried in this topic in case someone has the same issue.
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card

Jason

We found out that Zoom is back to only allowing 40 minutes per chat session. After the second session, almost everyone had to go so I didn't bother starting a new one. Including myself, we had five members that attended and it was a good discussion. Along with everyday topics, we had a fair bit of computer talk including Linux. I'm looking forward to the next one which brings up our next topic.

We're considering moving the meeting day to Monday nights since Thursdays conflict with the Oshawa LUG meeting. I'll be sending out a link to poll everyone on which night they prefer. It only takes a moment of your time, so please participate.

Thanks, and stay safe.

Jason

P.S. Sorry to Scott that the chat ended seconds after he came back and we didn't have a chance to tell him it was.

ssfc72

Yes, it was nice seeing you guys last evening with the Zoom video chat. I was getting a little uncomfortable laying in the one spot, after about an hour, so that is why I called it quits after 9 pm.  I will have to try and use a more comfortable chair for the next video PLUG Mug.

That 40 minute time limit for a Zoom chat is kind of annoying. 
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Hugh Crawford

The forty minute limit only applies to the free version of Zoom. If the MUG is scheduled through the university then there is no time limit on the meeting.

Jason

Quote from: Hugh Crawford on June 12, 2020, 07:19:14 PM
The forty minute limit only applies to the free version of Zoom. If the MUG is scheduled through the university then there is no time limit on the meeting.

I knew the 40 minute limit was in the free version but they had been allowing unlimited time because of the pandemic when we started meetings up again. I don't know what you mean by "scheduling it through the university". How do we do this?