• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Picture in Picture with Firefox

Started by buster, June 02, 2020, 11:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buster

This may have been around for awhile and I've never noticed it. Had a Firefox update and a notice about easily running a wee visual in the corner while the rest of the desktop is available for other thing such as work. Could watch a sporting event I suppose or a lecture. The lecture would be good as you could take notes during the lecture easily.

Anyone actually used a variation of this?
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

fox

Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

Quote from: buster on June 02, 2020, 11:54:20 AM
This may have been around for awhile and I've never noticed it. Had a Firefox update and a notice about easily running a wee visual in the corner while the rest of the desktop is available for other thing such as work. Could watch a sporting event I suppose or a lecture. The lecture would be good as you could take notes during the lecture easily.

Anyone actually used a variation of this?

I saw something about it for Chrome but I haven't used it. I used something like it in Elementary OS. They let you actually take a video out of the browser and put it anywhere you want. For my desktop, I don't really need it as I have dual monitors. On the courses I've taken in programming, I will watch the lecture in one monitor while doing the exercise in the other.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13