• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

COVID numbers

Started by Jason, April 26, 2020, 11:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

That may very well be, Fox. But my main thrust of my point wasn't that numbers were going up but that we're not that far down the curve. Look at the chart. We're only 2/3 of peak. Going up or down, it's not a good place, IMO to have re-opened retail stores and to looking at easing even more restrictions. He has said that he expects to see two more weeks of declines before moving ahead which is good but I don't think it should even be considered until we're at least at 1/3 of peak. That's what I'm talking about. I'm not basing my main argument on which we're going but where we are.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

ssfc72

Huge number of daily COVID cases now occurring in Southern US States, Florida, Texas, Arizona.   2800 new COVID cases in Florida on Monday.

So much for the US opening up their economy to full operation.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/17/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

buster

Full page in the Examiner about this as well.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

fox

Unfortunately, two of the states mentioned in the article, Arizona and Utah, are states we were intending to visit last spring. I sure hope they get this under control in the U.S., and they won't with the kind laissez-faire attitude that many of the southern and western states have.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13