• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

June 2016 PLUG Meeting THIS MONDAY, June 6

Started by Jason, May 31, 2016, 04:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

fox

Attached are my presentation notes for Bunsenlabs Linux. One of the things I forgot to mention during my presentation is that a live USB prepared in the standard way will not install unless you disable secure boot. (I believe that this is the case with vanilla Debian as well.) There are ways around this; consult the Bunsenlabs forums.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

bobf

I can vouch. We couldn't successfully install BL to a USB key for Glen last night so he could boot his Dell tablet from it...

Jason

Thanks to Bill and Mike for great presentations. I think we all learned something; I know I did.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

buster

Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

ssfc72

I just installed BL to a 120G SSD (older model) internal HD, on my Acer 11.6" notebook (Intel I3 cpu)

In addition to Mike's presentation notes, during the install script, there is an option to install a Flash player.
There is a choice between installing an Abobe or Pepermint Flash player.  I chose the Pepermint Flash player.
I found that using the default Ice Weasel web browser, I was able to view the Flash video on the bbc.com web site.  With my Mint 17.3 Distro, the bbc flash video won't play using my Opera browser or the Firefox browser.

Quote from: fox on June 07, 2016, 07:07:28 AM
Attached are my presentation notes for Bunsenlabs Linux. One of the things I forgot to mention during my presentation is that a live USB prepared in the standard way will not install unless you disable secure boot. (I believe that this is the case with vanilla Debian as well.) There are ways around this; consult the Bunsenlabs forums.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service