• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Brave browser

Started by Jason, April 09, 2020, 07:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

Quote from: fox on April 18, 2020, 09:44:05 AM
Well at any rate, I installed it on my iPad, as it was in the Apple Store. This was I can remove it as easily as it was to install it. I'll play with it a bit and report back.

Let us know what you think. You could post your thoughts here or in a new topic (Fox's review of the Brave Browser). I don't think I'll ever get ssfc to switch from Opera but you never know. :)

Buster, you must also try it and report back. It's available for Windows, too. In Linux, it will require you to copy and paste a few commands to install it. I can hold your hand while you cry if you like.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

Jason

I wanted to share with you the new tab (homepage) in my Brave Browser. I've earned $2 in the Brave Rewards program which will be automatically be distributed to the websites signed up for the program based on how many pages I viewed on them. Once it reaches a minimum of $5, once a month, this happens automatically if you choose.

You have to turn it on; it's not forced on you. It's paid by opt-in Brave ads that show up in the browser corner. They're one line basically and if you click on it, it takes you to the full ad. That's how they and you get paid, by users who opt-in to the rewards program. Users can choose to view no ads or 1-5 ads per hour. I haven't seen any yet on the desktop but I think they're still working out the bugs and getting more websites to sign up for it. I believe that this credit is from ads I clicked on in the Brave app on my phone just to see how the system worked.

You can choose to have this money you earn distributed to websites you choose in the program or distributed according to the websites you visit the most (it goes by pages visited). They show you a breakdown. Or you can choose to cash out and have it deposited to your account. I earned $7 last month of which $5 I chose to distribute to sites in the program. As soon as you reach $5 a month credit, it'd distributed on the next payout date which is once a month. You can also add credit to it and tip sites you like from that credit.
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card

Jason

These screenshots show the breakdown of what I earned and where it will go (if those sites have signed up for the ad program) including tips I've made (none at this point).