• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Kenny Rogers passed away

Started by Jason, March 21, 2020, 08:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

He was/is my favourite singer. I'm crushed. :(
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

ssfc72

Yes, one of my well liked singer/actor.  I found the bio about Kenny to be most interesting. How he was from a large poor family in Texas, his beginning in music playing the base instrument, etc.

This is a good BBC article/video about Kenny.The video has some great clips of him.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51986611
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

Thanks, ssfc for the link. They said more in 2 minutes than this segment from NewsChannel 5 in the US. That segment never mentioned all the accolades he received as well as awards. One year, in a poll, I think US Today, he was rated the best singer of all time.

I started listening to him as a teenager and went to two concerts of his (he was in Peterborough 2 years, back to back). I've always liked him since then though I found his last album too religious for my taste. I think his best work was in the 80s. It was my mom that got me into he. She'd put on his and other country music while she cleaned. Although, he wasn't just country. He was quite an adaptable artist even criticized by the country music industry for not being country enough.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13