• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Possible PLUG Mug this Thursday or Sunday?

Started by ssfc72, March 10, 2020, 08:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

Ok, so anyone want to try to get together for a PLUG Mug this Thursday March 12 around 2 pm or perhaps Sunday afternoon, March 15 around 2 pm? We can meet either at Tim Hortons on Monaghan road or at Chapters on Lansdowne West.

As per usual, if there are not 3 people that can attend, then the Mug would be a no go.

Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

Sunday would be better for me. I have too much going on Thursday as it is.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

buster

Thursday is my preference if Marilyn doesn't have the van. Sunday is out. But don't decide just for me I might not be able to get there.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

Jason

I'd be shocked if you came out to a MUG, buster, but be happy to have you.
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card

ssfc72

Ok, looks like this Thursday is a no go, due to not enough interest.  So for this Sunday, besides Jason and myself, one other person is needed to post here, that they can attend the Mug, otherwise it is a no go.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)

fox

I can likely come on Sunday if we have it. I would prefer Chapters.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

ssfc72

Ok, so looks like there will be 3 of us, Mike , Jason and myself for a PLUG Mug at Chapters on Sunday at 2pm..

ssfc72

Ok, I just posted a Link about social distancing and perhaps we should call off the PLUG Mug for this Sunday?  What do you guys want to do?

Chapters and Tim Hortons are very small confined spaces and sees a lot of public traffic, which is probably not a good place to be going to, right now.

Jason

I was thinking about that. I'm concerned about bringing something home to my wife even though we have no cases in Peterborough, at least, that we know of. I think we should cancel it. And probably shouldn't have any other meetings in March and maybe the first half of April. But I'll leave that up to you. Maybe we can try a virtual meeting over skype or something. :)

ssfc72

Sounds good to me Jason.
Ok so the PLUG Mug for tomorrow is cancelled.

Yes, a Skype video session would be worth trying.  Maybe Fox and Buster can let us know if they are able to do a Skype session, sometime. 

BusterE

I used Skype years ago to help my grand-kids do math. Have an account I guess. Can't remember how to use it.
BusterMan - Strong like Ox! Smart like elevator!

ssfc72

Buster, there is no command line use, required, you can figure it out. :-)
Just download Skype from the Repositories and install.  Use your Microsoft account name/password (if you don't want to create a new one , for Skype) to log onto Skype, once you start the program.
Follow the prompts to check you Skype setup.  Find out the Skype names of the people you want to talk/chat/video with.  Follow the menu to start a talk/chat/video.

buster

So if we do have a Skype session, Bill, will your Skype be in black and white like the old movies?
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

ssfc72

Now there is a good idea!  i could probably do that. :-)