• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

April Meeting and Prez hiatus

Started by ssfc72, March 06, 2020, 03:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

For the April PLUG meeting, both Mike and Jason will not be able to attend, so I will need PLUG members to let me know, over the next week, if they expect to be attending the April meeting. If there are 5 or more people interested, then the April PLUG meeting will be held, otherwise the next possible meeting will be May.

For the possible April Meeting I will do a very basic demo of Kali Linux and the use of the nmap command for penetration testing of a web site.

Also PLUG membership dues are now required.  There is currently no money available to pay for the room rental.

Bill
V.P. of PLUG
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

Bill's message was in response to my telling him and Mike that I'm going on hiatus for an indeterminate time. It may be a month, it may be longer. We only have three more meetings before the summer, so I'll let the club know before or by then.

We still need members to renew whatever happens to pay for the next three meetings. If we don't have enough renewals, we'll have to cancel them but members will be reimbursed on a pro-rated basis for cancelled meetings. The membership rate has been increased to $35/year. This is so the club is sustainable. Right now, it's not with $25/month - I've had to chip in to keep it going. And please, cash only. I'm closing the bank account to reduce the monthly expense.

The forums will continue to be here regardless and I will fix the website. I haven't gotten around to it because of personal issues. There were enough donations to keep the website going for all of 2020 so no worries there.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13