• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Democratic race for the nomination

Started by Jason, March 04, 2020, 08:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BusterE

The USA markets officially reached bear territory today. This may have some effect on the primaries and the November election. We live in interesting times! And at my house, it's time for a beer.
BusterMan - Strong like Ox! Smart like elevator!

buster

Sanders 'conceded' in the presidential race today, but is leaving his name on the ballot. However his politicking over the last 5 years has made a mark on the Democratic party. After spending time in the States, especially the deep south, I am forced to assume that Trump would win in a showdown between Sanders - Trump. (Check with Fox, who has family down there.) Nevertheless Covid will also make more people look more favorably at a full country public health system.

I suspect his presence will have an effect for years to come.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

Jason

They did polling that showed that Sanders would win over Trump by a further margin than Biden but it was early on. I figured that Trump would beat Biden because having worked on political campaigns, I know how important it is to get volunteers and I'm not sure Democrats are that thrilled with Biden as a candidate. But the point is moot now.

And with COVID-19, it's hard to predict what will happen. If it goes away before the election and stays away, Trump can claim victory. But if enough voters lose someone to the virus or they become very sick, it could sway the vote the other way. At this point, it's a toss-up.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13