• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Website can again be reached directly

Started by Jason, February 26, 2020, 07:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

You can now reach the main website by just entering plugintolinux.ca or www.plugintolinux.ca for those of you who think you still need www at the beginning of every url to get to a website. :-) If you like, try it now.

Things to do:

• Setup a contact page on the main page with google re-captcha add-on to get less spam
  • A page with suggested Beginner Linux Distros
  • An page with a friendly intro to Linux
  • Perhaps a page about membership specifically although this could just be in the welcome page
  • A news feed with Linux items or a hand-curated link section with regularly updated news items about Linux and/or links to Linux websites
If you'd like to help with any of this, send me a personal message or an email. Feel free to offer suggestions but as Linus said in 1991, "Any suggestions are welcome, but I won't promise I'll implement them :-)"
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

ssfc72

So Jason, should we make a new browser bookmark for the PLUG Forums or will the Forums URL eventually go back to what it used to be?
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

Quote from: ssfc72 on February 27, 2020, 01:49:35 AM
So Jason, should we make a new browser bookmark for the PLUG Forums or will the Forums URL eventually go back to what it used to be?

A new browser bookmark. I don't think it will go back to how it used to be. I changed the directory setup on the server so that the platforms (drupal and SMF) were in the same directory and this is a product of that. But I hope more people will bookmark the front page (https://plugintolinux.ca) and then go to the forums from there. I really do plan on putting up news there regularly so 2-3 times a week there will be something there. There are two items right now even!

I'm just trying to figure out how to put both articles under News but it's a new version of Drupal and appears to be differently designed. So for now, you have to click on the Recent Content on the right to see the second item.

I'm also open to members suggesting articles they find interesting that I can put up there.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13