• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Website maintenance planned - Sat, Feb. 22 - all day

Started by Jason, February 20, 2020, 11:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

On Saturday, I'm going to be doing major website maintenance.

I'll be backing up the server software and data and then doing a complete re-install of the website including the forum. That part won't take all day, but if after that, these problems persist, I'm going to spend the time afterward troubleshooting the errors I'm getting.

So the website and forums will be down part of or most of Saturday.

As always, sorry for any inconvenience.

Update: Most of the website maintenance is now complete. There are still a couple of bugs I have to work out but they should be fixed soon. As you've no doubt already noticed, the main website is not yet up. There will be a link from there to the forums here as the former address forums.plugintolinux.ca will no longer work. But you can bookmark this one or wait until the main site is up and bookmark that (which would be preferable). I would much rather everyone went to the main page first for any meeting updates and Linux news stories which I plan on posting a few times a week. Tell us what you'd like to see on that main page.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

Jason

The main website is up but I still have to make it available via plugintolinux.ca directly. Right now you can see it at https://plugintolinux.ca/drupal/web . This address is temporary and should be fixed this week.

I've also noticed that the option to email members is broken.

I haven't tried the messaging system yet. If somebody can send me a test message, that'd be helpful. ssfc72 sent me a message successfully confirming that it works. It's just email that I have to tackle now.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13